Wednesday, April 9, 2008

East Hartford High School Band - Winter Concert!

My son Andrew plays the tenor saxophone for the East Hartford High School Marching Band. The band had their Winter Concert in February. I could not believe how good they sound.

I'm going to brag here .......they separate the band into two categories: Concert Band and Wind Ensemble. I asked what was the difference and was told the wind ensemble are the students that excel in band and also have to audition before being allowed to be part of it. (In other words....it's the better players)

Well, Andrew is part of Wind Ensemble.....WOOT..WOOT...WOOT. Proud mama!!!

Here we are getting ready to go the concert.

(Well, Jacob want to take a picture with mommy and I happily obliged!)

At the concert, I was so amazed an proud at how good these kids play their instruments. They sounded awesome. The only dismay is that I couldn't see my son playing he was way in the back on stage. As a mother, I wanted to march up on stage and put his chair right in the front......hehehehehe.



Here is a picture.....all you can see is his forehead ;-(

Here is a video....it's long....(but worth listening to)....!!!


No comments: