Monday, May 26, 2008

Run, Andrew, Run

My eldest son Andrew, besides being in the marching band at school, is also on the track team. He is sooooooo handsome!!!!!! I look at him and I see David at the same age, 17. I started dating David at the age of 17. David lifted weights religiously since the age of 13. So, by the time he was 20.....whoa...look out schwartzenager (spelling ?). (sorry.....memories came flooding back *sigh*) He is still my handsome husband, minus hair :-) I just can't believe that we are already parents of a 17 year old. Everytime at look at my baby (he will always be my baby), I realizing that one day he will be a husband and a father and I still want him to be my little boy! I know I'll have to let go someday...

Well, Andrew ran in a couple meets. He metal three times, twice in second place and once in third. He is in junior varsity, so I know he will be getting better and better.

Here here is running the 400 x 800 relay. He's waiting for the 2nd running. And then....off he goes....I just get the chills when I see him run. He is good. (If you really look at the picture to your far left you can see me and my daddy behind the fence rooting him on!!)














David and his son.....Proud Dad!!!

Daddy (Popi Joe), Andrew and me!

My mom and dad came up for the weekend and dad was so excited that he was able to see Andrew run in a track meet. My father is "one of a kind"....I love him and he is the best father and grandfather ever!!!


1 comment:

Elerrina said...

awww he's so handsome! its funny, but i wrote a similar blog for mikey yesterday..i havent posted it yet thought but how funny that we're both realizing our babies are all grown up!!! mikey's gonna be 16 this october.